Sunday, June 5, 2022

More burnout and stuff

Alright, it's been a while. This entire burnout thingy seems to be more severe than I thought at first. I've been cautiously thinking about my new shards game, but I can't bring myself to actually start coding. On the bright side, at least I've had time to play some of the games I've been postponing. So now I know with certainty - I don't like Undertale. The combat is tedious and boring, and I don't really find the storyline or the characters as charming or endearing as advertised. On the other hand, I love Hyper Light Drifter. Everything about it is fantastic: the art, the music, the story, the gameplay... I guess I need to enjoy the games a bit too, instead of working on them all the time. Well, it is what it is. The next time I write will hopefully be when I restore my passion for game dev, this time in a calm, sustainable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epiphanies and possible recovery on the horizon

So recently I've been diagnosed with ADHD. Which explains a lot. Those highs and lows, and the impossibility of maintaining one hobby, t...