Sunday, May 1, 2022

Rethinking the challenge - a game a month?

Alright, this week shows that making a game every week is not sustainable for me. During the weekend we’ve been doing some family things, and my free time for dev work has shrunk down to almost zero. I’ve been also a bit stressed about having to churn out “something” every week, to the point that I really don’t want to do this anymore. It was a valuable experience but it’s time to move to something more realistic, like “a game a month”. It will still be tiny projects, but stretched to a longer period, so that I don’t have to work fast and stress out about things. I also don’t want to spend the entirety of my available time developing or thinking about developing, I want time to actually play some games and do other stuff, like finally watch episode two of the second season of Picard with my wife. And finish the book I’ve been reading sluggishly for the past two months.

A completely unrelated side note: I’m typing this blog post on my iPad placed slightly tilted on my desk, a bit like a keyboard, and somehow it works well, I’m bizarrely not making more mistakes than typing on an actual keyboard. Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epiphanies and possible recovery on the horizon

So recently I've been diagnosed with ADHD. Which explains a lot. Those highs and lows, and the impossibility of maintaining one hobby, t...