Sunday, April 24, 2022

Intermission - random musings on life and Sega Mega Drive

No game this week. I've been very tired, and even though I started working on the tactics game I've mentioned in the previous post, I had to take a break this week and rest. Taking care of a nearly-three-year-old is exhausting, and in the few evening hours I scraped off for myself I decided to unwind and play some Mega Drive shoot'em ups to let my brain take a break.

The thing I've learned this time is that generally I've cheated a little during the challenge. I've made very simple things using very simple tools, and I've had one weekend with a ton of free time. However, with the time I normally have it's nearly impossible to make anything substantial in a week. I have to think whether to tweak the rules of the challenge a little, or maybe stop it altogether and go do something else, like I'd threatened to do.

Also, it's been the first time I've ever played Zero Wing. It's a really good game! The graphics and cutscenes are very well made, it's only the translation that makes it unintentionally hilarious. But it's such a quintessential 90s experience for me that I think it's just glorious. I intend to play it more today, after the aforementioned gremlin finally falls asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Epiphanies and possible recovery on the horizon

So recently I've been diagnosed with ADHD. Which explains a lot. Those highs and lows, and the impossibility of maintaining one hobby, t...